6/09/2020

Occupy the Mind

Training update: It's great! No really, it is. I'm now into week 3 and had a spicy Fartlek workout today. We've been blessed with cooler temperatures these past few days which has made running quite comfortable. However, back to the triple digits tomorrow through who knows when.

We're now entering basically month 4 of quarantine. Our state is very much open (and cases are very much on the rise again) but we're quite comfortable still staying our distance from anywhere. I've been cooking a ton which, in return, means I run the dishwasher like 87 times per week but I'm fine with it. Our water bill might say otherwise. Other than that, I've been playing the game of "how to occupy my mind" each day. I do like structure in my life or some type of routine to keep my brain occupied. Otherwise, I fall down a deep hole of being tired from feeling bored and then mindlessly eating. So, what have I been doing?


Spanish. I've been practicing almost daily. Between using a book and GoodNotes on my iPad to hitting up Duolingo for 15 minutes a day, I've gotten better. I still can't hold a conversation but it'll come. 


COVID really killed my spring planting. What normally would have been an abundance of summer harvests turned into one planter. However, my beans are coming in again. 


Along with my daily meditation, I've been doing yoga. I'm actually in the middle of a yoga challenge right now which I'll talk about later in the month. Honestly, if you haven't welcomed yoga into your life, you are missing out. You don't need a mat to practice. Hit up ya girl, Adriene, on the YouTubes for free videos!


Crocheting. It's honestly hard to do this when it's hot out even though we are blessed with air conditioning. But really, who wants to crochet when it's 100+ degrees. I'm still determined to finish this king size blanket by winter. 


Drawing. Figure drawing, to be specific. Way back in the day, I attended art school. We're talking like 2007. But, that was for photography and graphic design. I've always had a love for art and always will. I took drawing classes when I was in middle school. My friend is an amazing figure drawer so I figured I'd take a stab at it. I got all of my supplies for free from cashing in reward points. I've been drawing along with Love Life Drawing, a great free resource on YouTube. Definitely a challenge but I really enjoy it. It's almost soothing to make my own rendition of a model.


And this is just the jazz music I listen to while I do whatever it is I'm doing. Support your local stations! 

That's pretty much the wrap up of my daily life lately. The laundry still sits in the basket but why fold shirts when you could learn new words in Spanish or pastel some new shading lines. Adulting.

No comments:

Post a Comment